Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives Surveys are a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the surveys, how they work – and the results from our latest reports.
- Helping disabled people get active We’ve awarded national charity Sense more than £1.3million of National Lottery funding.
- Get ready for a birthday party How you can help celebrate the huge difference the National Lottery has made to society.
- Active Practice Charter launched New toolkit launched to help GP practices encourage their staff and patients to get more physically active.
- Sport used to tackle knife crime We're funding 49 projects with £400,00 of National Lottery money to try and help tackle knife crime.
- New executive director appointed Alison Donnelly will head up the newly created digital, marketing and communications directorate.
- Planning for Sport Guidance released New guidance for planning authorities on how to provide better opportunities for people to do sport or physical activity.
- School activity plan launched The Government outlines its plan to try and help children and young people get active.
- Our investment in netball Ahead of the 2019 Netball World Cup starting in Liverpool, we outline how we've invested more than £55 million in the sport over the last decade
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.