News and Features
- News Due to the wide range of work that we do there is always a new story to be told.
- Latest from the Pitch Our regular newsletter brings you the latest news and announcements direct to your inbox.
- Image library We have hundreds of community sport images for you to download and use to promote your project.
- Getting people on low incomes active We’re investing in 26 projects that use physical activity to improve the health and wellbeing of people on low incomes.
- Targets to build an active nation We want to get 500,000 more people active by 2020, with a focus on women and lower socio-economic groups.
- Major health congress in London We're co-hosting the world's biggest health congress, and there's still time to be involved and showcase your work.
- A new way of sharing our grants data Our partnership with 360Giving allows us to share information on our funding in an open and accessible way.
- High compliance with new code A vast majority of national sport bodies – 55 out of 58 so far – have complied with new Code for Sports Governance.
- Being active linked to mental health People who are regularly active enjoy better mental wellbeing, new Active Lives analysis shows.
- Further playing fields safeguarded We've protected more than 1,000 playing fields by objecting to potentially harmful planning applications.
- Pioneering pilots to tackle inactivity We've chosen the final list of 12 pilot projects to help people who are missing out on physical activity.
- Changing the face of volunteering Our £4.4 million National Lottery investment to attract new and diverse volunteers.
- Power of cricket shines through Cricket charity Chance to Shine will reach more young adults through its popular Street programme.