Further education and sixth form colleges play a significant role in maintaining and growing their students' interest in sport and physical activity, as well as providing opportunities for them to try out new sports.
Colleges are key in ensuring that young people make a smooth transition from school to college and on to employment or further study. As a result, they can also have a huge effect on reducing the number of young people that drop out of sport as they move through these key transition points.
We work closely with AoC Sport on the delivery of the national strategy for sport in colleges. This aims for all learners in colleges to have access to sporting opportunities.
Our partnership also advocates and promotes the value of sport to colleges and community sport partners.
Colleges are very important in engaging and retaining people of all ages in sport, especially those aged between 14 and 19 years.
Active Colleges is a £25 million National Lottery investment ring-fenced to benefit students in further education colleges across England.
Our aim is to increase the number of further education students in England that take part in sport and physical activity for at least 30 minutes each week.
- File size: 723KB Active_Colleges_Evaluation_-_Annual_Report_Final_2015-2016.pdf Download
- File size: 424KB Active Colleges Briefing Paper - Focus on Students with Additional Needs....pdf Download
- File size: 435KB Active Colleges Briefing Paper - Focus on Female Students.pdf Download
- File size: 4123KB Updated NGB FE offer to colleges Download
- File size: 220KB Active Colleges survey - making the case Download
- File size: 527KB Active colleges student survey report - summer 2014 Download
- File size: 19KB FE Activation fund projects Download
- File size: 924KB Starter Pack Download
- File size: 77KB College Sport Makers Colleges List Download
- File size: 183KB Active Colleges student survey report Download
- File size: 88KB Active colleges solicited projects prospectus Download
- File size: 55KB Active colleges funding FAQs Download
- File size: 27KB Active colleges expression of interest form Download
- File size: 12KB Colleges not benefiting from Active colleges funding Download